Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Birthday Boy


Today is my DS Birthday so I thought I would pop on here and share with you his birthday card that I have just finished making, talk about organised. With all the running around today and the cake decorating, I didn't get time to make him a card, so I will have this waiting for him in the morning. I am sure he wasn't so concerned with the card just the presents......lol... I have used Night of Navy, Ballet Blue & Yo Yo Yellow. Yellow is his favourite colour so the card had to have yellow on it....... I have cut a piece of acetate the same size as the navy cardstock and stamped in white stazon and then under neath I have doodled with the while gel pen the bits and pieces around the rocket that I had cut off. I then put them together and used the yellow eyelets (retired) to keep them together. The rocket is cut out and stuck on the top of the acetate with dimentionals. I then also decorated inside the card. I love how this has turned out because it has a nice shinny glow about it, just like space would I imagine..... I got the inspiration for a card I had saved on my computer but it has no watermark on it and I have no idea now where it came from, so if it is yours just let me no so I can give you some credit. Oh and the stamp sets I used are Pun Fun & Good Friend......Hope you are having a wonderful nite.......

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy birthday to your son! I'm sure he will love the card. The idea of using the acetate is very clever.

Debbie Pamment said...

Cool card - you're sone will love it I'm sure - although I agree the prezzies will probably be what he wants more - LOL
xXx

Robyn said...

This is a fabulous boy's card Mandy! Bet you son loved it! My son would love it- (and he's 26 !! LOL!)