Thursday, August 27, 2009

Keesh's Challenge & B'Day card all in one

I sat down last nite on a mission because I had to have a birthday card for my husband for tomorrow and to start preparing for a workshop on the weekend. I started off by making the card above for my DH. I used my signature colour again, Chocolate Chip....lol.....I combined it this time with so safron and Vanilla. Its really hard to see with this piccy but I have used a piece of Vellum and stamped the Wonderful husband on that and the trees are stamped directly on the so saffron with the vellum placed on top. I got the vellum idea for this out of the current US Catty. I was left over with heaps of scraps on my table and I also had the sketch challenge for Keesh's Challenge sitting there as well, so I decided to make a matching card for the kids to give Dad as well using Keesh's sketch. I used the same principal just added Always articoke cardstock and some brads. I still didn't get any preparation done, I guess that's tonites job....

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Mandy!
In regards to my card, feel free to case away! I think the Petal Pizzaz sets could be one of my favourites at the moment. It's great for scrapbooking too. You may have seen that I made a double layout with it.
As far as your cards go, they are lovely, as usual. I would love to know what you used to cut your ovals & what you think of it.
I hope you have a great demo & enjoy your weekend.
Take care,
Andrea.

Debbie Pamment said...

Great work Mandy - love the way you've used the leaves instead of flowers for the sketch!
Gorgeous birthday cake too - you little girl has a very clever mum!!
xXx

Debbie M said...

Hi - both cards are very well done - you certainly do very beautiful work.

Debbie M
PS: LOVE the birthday cake - well done and congrats to you.

Byl Family... said...

Great to see you play Mandy! Love this masculine card, you have done wonders with the sketch! Thanks so much for playing. Love Keesh x