Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No Cards but Cake!!!!


Sorry guys I don't have any cards to show you today but I do have my daughters 3rd Birthday cake to show instead. I am pretty pleased with my effort because I have been stressing about what she had wanted for about a week now.......Now Josephine just loved it and I nearly cried I think when we were cutting it "all that work",lol....But she was just so happy with it that I wanted to show it to you all......Hope you are having a fantastic day I am off to the sheep yards again today so I won't be back with any cards today. I have a lot of birthday's coming up so I am hoping to get some time to make some of them and get back here to show you....

6 comments:

Chook said...

Looks good Mandy. My husband made the same cake for my daughter first birthday. He did such a great job on it. Glad your daughter liked it:)

Robyn said...

I used to make cakes like that for my kids but when they got to 10 I said "That's it" "No more"! Their birthdays are in Jan and Feb and it always got a bit stressful straight after Christmas! But they loved it and can still remember them all- As I am sure your daughter will treasure the memory of this even though it is all eaten! Great work! You did a fabulous job!

Andrea said...

Great job, Mandy! I'm into making & decorating cupcakes so I know how much work goes into something like that. Just to see the faces on the little ones is more than worth all the hard work, don't you think? Happy birthday to your little one!

Jean McKenzie said...

Oh my heavens Mandy!! What a cake! It is gorgeous and I can believe you would cry when you had to cut into it!

Is it dry and dusty in the sheep yards?? I am thinking so if it is anything like up here - I am in Emerald at present and there has been no rain since February. Added to that are record high temperatures for August!

Leigh said...

What a fabulous job you've made of this cake Mandy. I love it.

Sam said...

You should be pleased with your effort Mandy...in fact, I'd be walking around patting myself on the back BIG TIME. This cake looks wonderful. Congratulations on a fantastic job! :-)